Friday, October 5, 2012

Beautiful Bloch Serenades

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!

My beautimous pointe shoes have arrived!

After watching a few how-to video tutorials on sewing ribbons and elastics onto pointe shoes, I started my sewing of the ribbons at about 9:45 PM and finally finished all my sewing at about 10:20 PM (Megan, I know this does NOT count my sewing of my elastics during your wedding gown appointment...) Here are some photos:

Required supplies for pointe shoe sewing: 
light thread, sparkly happy scissors, a lighter (to singe the ribbon ends), elastics, and ribbons!






Ta-da!!!!! 
All done!
(these are Bloch Serenades with Bloch invisible elastic and Bloch Elastorib ribbons)

I stood up in susu, did a soutenu, and did some tendus and ronde de jambes in them. Obviously they're not the most comfortable of shoes, but in pointe shoe world, my limited perspective leads me to believe these aren't bad! My toes don't feel scrunched, and I felt pretty well-balanced on the platform! 

...now to get a portable barre for home-practice :) 

4 comments:

  1. that barre on amazon is looking better and better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I told Jeff about it, so I may make that purchase soon :) Especially since you've agreed to get pointe shoes and do barre work with me muahahaha....

      Delete
    2. only if I don't have to go to the store to be fitted, I say we guess and order from an ebayer who takes returns!

      Delete
    3. Or we can go to the store and get you fitted ;) we can pick a day when I call to see if that lady is there and if she's not, we'll go hahaha...

      Delete