Thursday, September 20, 2012

Semaine 14 - "Don't Crush your Tutu"

I think I'll try to come up with a funny lesson/quote that was said in class, for each week. This week's was "Don't crush your tutu!" said by Walsh, in describing how we use our arms and not dropping our arms too low, and not swooping up and overdramatically with our tambe.


"Don't crush your tutu!" There are way too many adorable pug tutu pictures on the internet... 
I have a hard time choosing which one =) 
Mei-Mei is definitely going to be a ballerina for Halloween this year!

Monday Night @ 6:15 PM - Walsh

Monday night's class was with the wonderful Walsh! Again it was a pleasant experience, I sweated my tutu off haha... nothing exciting to show in a video, so Kelly and I didn't record a clip. Hopefully Thursday's class will have something exciting... if anything maybe I'll have her take a pic of me in the splits? This week for corner exercises all we did was a tambe-pas de burre combo and then a soute arabesque one. Not that thrilling, it's nothing we haven't done already.

Video clip of assemble, from last week's centrework exercise

I called Art Stone Dance Supply (the one I got my leotard from back in June) if they carried demi pointe shoes. Unfortunately they don't (sighh...) I may just get a pair off of discountdance.com then. What I think I may do is go to the store, ask again (pretending that I hadn't already), and when they say no, I'll ask if I can get fitted into Sansha's (link click here) anyway so that I know what size I am since they don't carry them and that I'll come back for my pointes in the future. =D Maybe they won't hate me too much. That's my goal for Thursday, my next day off. They're only $25.20 and are the better of the two that can be purchased on discountdance.com, since this one has a wider, more square box/pointe.

Comparison: 


Left: European ($29.95), Right: American ($25.20). Note the one on the right has a more square box, and the one on the left is a smaller box that is tapered at the toe. I like the one on the right way more. 

Thursday Night @ 7:30 PM - Clark

Class was fine, nothing new or exciting to be learned, except for when Clark uses me as the example before a floor routine, I completely screw it up and look like I'm out of my league in that class hah. We did pirouette exercises again and when I get used to the way she does a certain exercise, I assume it's the same routine the next time. Even if I listen to her, I'm not paying attention to her change up the exercise. So of course, when she said "plie, quarter turn," knowing it was a pirouette exercise, I still did the "preparacion" which was plie - passe - plie, quarter turn. NOPE! Wasn't paying attention. Additionally, with my old woman mind and muscle memory, when she told me to reverse and go the other way, I still did the preparacion. Dangit! {hand slaps forehead}

I really didn't feel like videotaping any of the corner exercises they weren't exciting. All it was, was a chasse grand jete - step - grand jete, and the other was a soute arabesque exercise we've done in the past. 

That's all for this week. Hopefully the week of September 23rd is more exciting! Depending on if Jeff and I have to fly to Ohio to get the car, I may or may not be able to attend class on Thursday. :( sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment